Pin Reaper: Christie
Your Blog: http://christieslifestyle.blogspot.co.uk/
Blog post where you detail your experience: http://christieslifestyle.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/pop-goes-cake-ball.html
What I Did: I mixed up my ingredients and placed the cake batter into the first mould. I then put the second mould on top and stuck these in the oven. I was a bit dubious that they wouldn’t work, especially as I wasn’t able to check on them or see how they were rising After about 20 minutes, I took them out and let them cool. I removed the mould and to my wonder, I was left with cake balls! They didn’t actually look TOO bad. When the cake balls had cooled off, I prepared my coating. For this, I melted white chocolate and added green food colouring as I wanted them to look like mini watermelon balls. I then stuck my cake balls onto the sticks, and dipped them into the chocolate. This is where it all when horribly wrong. The sponge just fell off the sticks. I was left with a big gloopy lumpy mess. It was all going so well too!
Next Time I Will: Perhaps I should have chilled my balls before I coated them? Perhaps the chocolate didn’t melt enough? All I know is that my lovely cake balls were ruined. They look horrible. I wouldn’t feed them to my dog (although I can confirm they didn’t taste too bad).